Astral projection is essentially the spiritual dimension of a person leaving the physical body for a period of time. It's an OBE (out of body experience) where a person travels the astral plane.
Travelling in your astral body to a different realm is not an easy thing to accomplish. Historically, people have achieved astral travel through deep meditation. This is required to open the third eye and the subsequent gateway that exits to the astral plane.
Fortunately, in the modern day, you don't need to sit meditating in the Himalayas for weeks to achieve astral projection. There are techniques to follow, and special music designed to help you access the deep, spiritual consciousness required to make the leap from the physical dimension to an alternative world.
Don't get me wrong, following a system or listening to music designed for astral projection does not guarantee it will happen, but it does serve as a positive aid.
I have personally experienced a number of astral plane journeys using binaural beats music, ranging from looking down on my own body from above, and wandering in a world where everything is surreal and trippy – lots of colors, “other” beings and vast landscapes. But I've also failed on many attempts, and still do!
My description might sound a tad scary to some, but actually it's liberating and opens your mind to the vast possibilities beyond what we see here on Earth each day. To believe “this is it” is very limiting, and astra projection shows us that the only thing restricting our understanding of what might be is ourselves.
That said, please be aware that you may encounter dark beings from time to time. There will be people/things/objects you will sense that you need to stay away from. However, these can't harm you!
In fact, when you come back down from AP, there is this deep sense of calm and “oneness”; almost as if you have unlocked a place you have been looking for your whole life but never knew you were searching, if that makes sense.
It brings with it a prodounf realisation that there is so much more than just the physical body, which is merely a vehicle through this life. To separate the physical and the spiritual in this way really opens your mind to the possibilities of what life is all about.
How to Astral Project in 6 Easy Steps
This is my personal technique, but you will find others in books and on websites – though many of the steps will be similar I'm sure. It isn't rocket science, after all. It is just about learning to let go and open your mind.
- Start your session upon first waking: The best time to astral project, recommended by all the experienced astral travellers is first thing in the morning after waking from sleep. The same is recommended for lucid dreaming actually. This is because the mind is already in a dreamy state and extremely relaxed – thus more receptive to spiritual experiences.
- Eliminate distraction: If your phone is on, turn it off. If your door is open and you can hear loud noise, jump up and shut it. When you first start projecting you really don't want any external distraction, as this will make it much harder to relax and focus your attention.
- Don't force it: Astral Projection can't be forced, and by that I mean you need to let go of wanting it to happen. I get emails all the time from being saying, “No matter how hard I try I just can't do it”. This is why! You can't try hard: You need to relax into the state and let go of wanting it. Just embrace what is and let go. Let your mind wander and explore the possibilities beyond its everyday limitations
- Let the music guide you: Use the binaural beats track (more details below these steps) to lead you. Just follow the music. Lose yourself in the soundscape and fall into yourself without questioning anything.
- Focus your energy/awareness to your third eye: Follow the music as it takes you back into a dreamy state. When you reach the point where your physical awareness is about to transition into the dream world – you know, where you sort of know you are slipping from thoughts to dreams – engage with your third eye in the middle of your head between your eyes. Focus your energy there and try to see with your eyes closed.
- Walk towards the lights: If successful, at this point you will usually begin to see vast landscapes and or colours and lights. Don't analyse anything; embrace it and walk towards it onto the astral plane. Let your third eye consciousness lead you through. Just go with it. You'll know what I mean when you get there.
The rest is going to be your personal experience. Projection might last 30 seconds at first, but sessions will increase the more travel you experience you have.
What Recording Should I Use as an Aid?
I use this Astral Projection track for the following reasons:
- I find it very powerful: I projected on my third attempt using this recording, which, if you have tried AP before, you'll know is fast. Having a guided accompaniment makes astral travel much much easier. It is practically impossible to do alone as a beginner.
- The sound design is awesome. It utilises theta, alpha and delta waves, gently dropping you down zone by zone to achieve the relaxed, mentally spacious disposition you need to project. The overlay is hypnotic and puts you in a spacious and dreamy state, but doesn't send you off to sleep (very important!)
- It comes with a free a 6-step astral projection guide. This will prove extremely helpful for beginners. The guide explains the ins and outs of astral projection, how to open your third eye, best times to try project and best-practice techniques.
- The 30-minute book and the recording cost just $9.95, which is very cheaply priced compared with other guides/recordings on the market. I have seen some sites selling “secret guides” for $60+, which in my opinion is outrageous as they do little more than tell you what I have in this post!